Sponsor: Emergent Networks
Date: May 15th, 2012
Time: 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Location: 3601 West 76th Street, Suite 600 Edina, MN 55437 – Note new location!
- URL: https://www.livemeeting.com/cc/usergroups/join?id=7782N3&role=attend&pw=46%7Cmjt-%40C
- Meeting ID: 7782N3
- Entry Code: 46|mjt-@C
- 4:00-4:15 : Registration / hospitality / networking
- 4:15-4:30 : Quick Start for Basic Presentations
- 4:30-5:45 : Introducing Microsoft’s Big Data Solution
- 5:45-6:00 : Closing comments/prize giveaways
Introducing Microsoft’s Big Data Solution
Lara Rubbelke, Microsoft
Welcome to the world of Big Data! Hive, Pig, Sqoop, HDFS, MapReduce… Discover how to gain new insight from your data by integrating Hadoop with SQL Server. Join this introduction to fundamental Big Data concepts and terms. Learn how others are leveraging Hadoop and how the Microsoft Big Data Solution fits within the data platform ecosystem.
Lara Rubbelke (B/T) brings her passion for data solutions to the community as a Principal Program Manager for Microsoft. Her expertise involves Big Data, OLTP and OLAP systems, data management, performance tuning, encryption, ETL, and the Business Intelligence lifecycle. She regularly delivers technical presentations at local, regional and national conferences, user groups and webcasts. Notably, Lara has regularly presented at TechEd, PASS Summit, numerous SQL Server Launches, and delivered MSDN and TechNet webcasts.