- Audit a SQL Server Configuration - this script helps you take control of a SQL Server you've never seen before.
- Backup and Restore Scripts - examples of how to restore individual filegroups or files.
- CMDB Examples - a sample Configuration Management Database using SQL Server 2008's Central Management Server.
- Conversion Functions - convert dates, strings, numbers, etc.
- Current Activity - shows what's going on your server right now.
- Date Management Functions - functions to add/remove business days to a date.
- Developer Utilities - search for a string in database objects, list extended properties for objects.
- Error Management - set up Operators and Alerts to let you know when the server breaks
- Error Handling with TSQL - an intricate example of how to trap errors with SQL 2005.
- Execute T-SQL in Parallel - use CLR to execute T-SQL code across several databases at the same time.
- File Activity - find out which files are the most heavily accessed.
- Find Detached Databases - find detached mdf/ndf/ldf files sitting on your servers taking up space.
- Index Maintenance - defragmenting your indexes gets you free performance.
- Index Performance Tuning - find missing indexes, find unused indexes.
- Memory Performance Tuning - look at how SQL Server is using its memory.
- Procedure Cache Related Queries - check what queries have been running lately and why they've been slow.
- Policy Based Management Samples
- Size Calculations - calculate current table size, count rows in all tables, predict future table sizes, etc.
- SQL Server Agent Job Query Samples - query for failed SQL agent jobs, disable all jobs, sort all job steps alphabetically.
- String Manipulation Functions - replace substrings, word wrapping, trim patterns.
- Last clean DBCC CHECKDB date - find the last known clean copy of the database without corruption.
- Server Audit Examples in SQL Server 2008 - Introduction and sample scripts.
- Reporting Services Meta-data scripts - Introduction and sample scripts.
- The Object Within - Finding tables referenced in a stored procedure.
- Password Generation - query to create a random password of variable character length.